Welcome to Icelandic Cooking, Recies and Food, formerly Jo's Icelandic Recipe Blog

For several years I ran a website, Jo’s Icelandic Cooking, a website dedicated to Icelandic recipes and food culture that was one of the first - of not the first - of its kind on the web that made Icelandic recipes available in English. I have not updated the site for a number of years, simply because the work involved was getting in the way of my studies.

During this time, I kept up a web forum where people could write in to ask advice and request recipes. Now I think it’s time I started posting recipes again. To begin with, I will post recipes from the website with the occasional new recipe thrown in. Questions regarding each recipe can be posted in Comments, and so can general requests, but they can also be posted on the forum. When all the recipes from the website are posted on the blog, I intend to close down the forum.

Comments are moderated, so when you post a comment, it will not appear under Comments until I have approved it. This is to prevent spamming.

Update, posted in January 2020: 
  • The original website went offline several years ago. I was sad to see it go, but the blog form suits the material better. 
  • The forum has been offline for a while as well, and while I kept the original text about it above, it no longer exists.

Popular posts from this blog

Hangikjöt - Icelandic smoked lamb (instructions)

Harðfiskur – Icelandic hard (dried) fish

Baking-powder bread - Hveitibrauð með lyftidufti